Monday, July 11, 2011

mom doesn't always know best!

No offense, mom! However, upon telling her about my dreamy engagement photo session, she reacted with a somewhat inaudiable "whaaaa!?!?! you want to spend money on THAT?!?!"

I'd hit it, whoops I mean marry it!
Yes.  I want to remember what I looked like pre-marriage, pre-baby, pre-fatter than I'll probably end up getting the more comfortable I get in this relationship.  If I can manage to lose the 20 pounds or so I've put on since we entered this little adventure we call love, I want pictures to prove it dammit! And, I want to be wearing a really cute dress and high heels to boot!  Granted, I think splattering your walls with wedding photos and portraits is a tid bit tacky or...shall I say creepy, even? However, I think a really cool photo of you and your sweetie laid out on a picnic could prove an excellent longtime keepsake.  Let's face it, our wedding is going to be far from traditional, and there won't be any silly pictures of the flower girl and ring bearer kissing in a garden!  Well, there probably won't be either a ring bearer or a flower girl, that's why. But I digress, the reason for this post is that I want to plan my engagement photos because I want to make sure they don't end up like this.  I know they evoke a good chuckle, but can you imagine? Til death do you part looking like a total whackjob idiot? Thanks, I'll pass.  Stay classy! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment