Thursday, July 21, 2011

Looking forward to it...



So, how excited am I?  Our finances are in check and we were able to slip in a little romantic get away this month!  This weekend, we are heading up to Helen, Georgia, a little alpine village in the Blue Ridge Mountains that is meant to replicate a small German town.  We simply cannot wait!  A little adventure and R&R is much needed.  Also, I've had cabin fever the last couple of weeks.  I don't know why, but I caught the travel bug long ago and haven't had the financial means to support this costly past time.  We plan on tubing down the Chattahoochee, perhaps hiking up to Duke Creek Falls, and even renting a canoe or kayak.  I'm looking forward to window shopping and getting some good country fixin's from the little mom and pop stores in town.  I love coming home with homemade Chow Chow or Strawberry Jam. Ian is particularly excited about playing mini golf and I'm hoping to get him to ride the ferris wheel with me.  I had planned on renting a little cabin, but Ian prefered we stay at a hotel in town, which probably makes the most sense.  However, the place we are staying is not pet friendly, so Blondie will be sitting this one out.  Our very good friends, K&B, have offered to dog-sit for us and we are forever grateful.  We heart good friends!


Duke Creek Falls

so happy together!

1 comment: