Friday, July 15, 2011

just write out loud

My great, sweet, clever friend, Erika, reminded me why I started writing again.  Last night over a Rosemary Chicken Sandwich and a pint at the Righteous Room, we talked about inspiration --- lack thereof, stifling it, revisiting it, and seeking it out.  I hope that she will rejoin the blogosphere and become my blog buddy so that we can encourage each other to keep writing.  Like myself, she studied Journalism, so she shares the love and respect of the written word as do I....

She told me of a quote that truly summed up the conversation by an author I had never heard of before.  I love it when that happens.  I've never been ashamed of quoting other's thoughts and words.  Someone somewhere along the way must have found the most perfect way to describe my feelings...at least, when I can't seem to find the right words to fit together.

"Words are sacred. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order you can nudge the world a little."
- Tom Stoppard

No comments:

Post a Comment